Sunday 27 November 2016

Introducing the Arell legacy

All right, maybe legacy is too fancy a name for it.

I have always been nervous of all the legacy tables and the scoring system, but I liked the idea of building a bloodline from one sim, so this is the only part of the legacy I'm actually taking. There will be one heir in every generation who will keep the family house, but I would like to branch out and actually keep playing all the other sims as well and grow a little village in the hood. Make a clan rather than just a line, if you will. I will see if I have enough time and resolution to actually do it, though.
As to the goal, I just want to reach a high enough generation without restarting (like I always end up doing before I get anywhere). The original legacy calls for ten, I think, but I'm pretty sure I won't manage that. Maybe five or six would be a reasonable number?

My theme is generic fantasy and "new settlement" feel. The founder is coming to a completely empty virgin land and planning to cultivate it.

This is the neighbourhood I'm starting in, completely empty at the moment except for the founder's home:


I think there is one forest community lot for gathering purposes (thanks to the wonderful Sunni and Frac bringing the game to a completely different level), but nothing else at the moment. My Sims will have to establish much of what they need.

There is, however, a village near the valley where the actual legacy will take place. 


Still mostly empty, with almost all the houses just empty shells. There is, however, a market place for both business (buying clothes and groceries, mostly) and recreation, a church with a graveyard (empty at the moment) and a manor where I eventually moved my noble family, to have better control over them.
The village is mostly there to know where all the townies are coming from, but also for weddings or shopping emergencies.

These are the rules I'm setting for myself:

- No jobs, either Maxis, default replacement or custom. I felt they make becoming rich too easy and too fast and at the moment there would be nowhere to go anyway. Sims can start their own businesses or craft anything they are able (and they can sell that stuff out of the game)
- No pizza, no Chinese food and no ordering of groceries. I would like my sims to either grow their own food or at buy it at the market the traditional way
- I will try to get InTeen running, or something else that lets me allow my teens to marry and do adult things.
- I also use the bigger bills mod (and real sickness, I think) for extra challenge.

Also, I will do my best to keep tabs on all townies, to keep their aging in sync with my playables and make them alive with a very basic random occurrence table. I am not going to play other sims and families from my legacy ones (that means descendants of my founder), but I will progress their stories and sometimes take pictures of them, when it might seem relevant.
Whatever happens to my townies, I plan to keep it all to chance. No intentional deaths and so on, technology will hopefully be fairer than me.

And this is Dorian Arell, my founder.


I had wanted to start a legacy with a fantasy/medieval version of my swtor Imperial agent, but then I realised Jen would never leave her counry and her reforms for private life, as much as she might wish it. So I created her son instead, with an unknown father because Jen has no love interest I would know of at the moment, brought up in the middle of her reform movement.
I was looking for contrast with the heart-of-gold patriot Jen, but when I started this I had no idea how far the contrast would go and what a psychopath Dorian would turn out to be.

Dorian is a fortune Sim (with no secondary aspiration picked at the moment) with great ambitions in search of a place and position worthy of him. Becoming the founder of a prospering village or a clan would definitely suit him very much, the question is, will he get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment